Wednesday, March 31, 2010

What Michigan State Must Do To Win


The Spartans have had a great tournament, but to keep it going they must shoot more consistently, both beyond the arc and inside the paint. This tournament they have shot 45.6% of FG's and 40.6% of their 3-pointers. If Michigan State can improve their shooting percentage then that will be a huge help to them. The Spartans must get more rebounds to win, in other words do not let Gordon Hayward close to the basket because he will get numerous of rebounds, both on offense and defense. With Kalin Lucas gone it will have to be Michigan State's, Raymar Morgan, to step up and improve his 48.5% of his FG's to make up for that huge loss. If he does this then it could possibly seal the deal for Michigan State. But they will still have to play their best basketball of the whole season to beat these tough Butler Bulldogs.

4 comments:

  1. Excellent points. I may have to rethink my confidence in WV. Have you considered a career in sports reporting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the analysis and the writing. I can't decide who to cheer for, so I want to know who you think will win. I need to put some money down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ModerateJim, Thanks for commenting and yes I have considered a career in sports reporting and I hope that this blog will get me to be a better writer. That is the main reason that I am doing it.
    -SAM-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rob90x, This will be up in the air and any of these four teams left could take it. This is a tough decision to make and I am still debating I will get back to you later!

    ReplyDelete